In the case of dysentery, blood and phlegm like materials come with loose motion. Normally, it occurs when wound is formed in the large intestine with burning sensation in it. When swelling comes in the mucus membrane of the large intestine then pain starts in it and loose motions begins with cramps that contains glutinous matter. Sometimes, blood also comes in stool (loose motion). When glutinous matter comes in stool additionally then it is called amoebic dysentery and when additional blood comes in stool then it is called bloody dysentery.
- Dysentery is caused by germ named ‘Amoeba’.
- It is also due to infection of bacillary dysentery bacteria.
- Amoebic dysentery is caused by the infection of amoeba.
- Mostly, it is due to stale or polluted food and drinks.
- If a healthy person uses the sufferer’s towel or his anything or eating with him, also gets infection.
- It can also due to living in dirty place.
- It occurs due to eating and drinking irregular way, weakness of the body and getting much cold or hot.
The patient, suffering from this disease, has also different types of other symptoms like-stomachache, groan while excretion and coming white glutinous matter in stools, feeling vomiting, lack of appetite, low fever, frequent loose motions, slight pain in the bottom of the stomach, to strain with frequent excretion, coming stool mixed with blood, sometimes only blood comes in stool (loose motions), etc. the whole body of the patient gives a particular smell. The face also becomes red. The nerves become weak, excretion unknowingly, falling hands and legs cold, tongue remains red and shiny, appearing boils in the liver, found the symptoms of collapse fever, body temperature is in between 102 to 103 degree, feeling burning sensation in the intestine, found symptoms of weeping and crying. When dysentery becomes much chronic then patient becomes too weak. If malaria or boils of the liver occurs with dysentery then the patient’s condition has become much serious.
Treatment of dysentery with different drugs:-
1. Calcacarea-carb- Calcarea-carb 6 to 30 is used when the dysentery patient’s has the following symptoms like- greenish, white or yellowish stool, becoming the sole cold like an ice, convulsions in the legs calf, difficulty in the anus and sweating on the forehead, etc.
2. Podophyllum- In dysentery, if blood comes with stool (loose motions), found blood as thread and amoeba in stool, too much strain (at stool), pain in the stomach, greenish amoeba or blood comes in stool, etc. are found in the patient then taking Podophylum 6 or 30 is beneficial.
3. Mercurius-cor- If the dysentery patient has the following symptoms like- feeling cramps before and in between loose motions, feeling dysentery pain, strain (at stool), coming excreta in little quantity, coming the pieces of glutinous matter or blood in stool (loose motions), feeling burning sensation in the anus, feeling urine with force but coming out in drops, appearing teeth marks on the tongue, offensive smell comes from the mouth, saliva comes in the mouth, yet does not feel thirst, etc. then Mercurious cor 6 should be used to cure such symptoms of the patient.
4. Arsenic - If the following symptoms are found in the sufferer like- feeling burning sensation in the body, violent thirst, black smelly stools mixed with blood, becomes unconscious, drinking little water several times, fear about death and feeling restlessness, etc. then using Arsenic 6 is beneficial to cure such patient.
5. Vaccininum-martilus - This drug is very useful for both new and chronic dysentery. It protects the intestines from decaying and the disease is stopped to spread.
6. Mercurius-sol - If symptoms related to dysentery are found in the patient like-coming much blood compared to glutinous matters in stools or does not come even little glutinous matters, only blood comes, filling the mouth with saliva, etc. then using Mercurious-sol 30 is very effective to cure such patient.
7. Causticum- If the following symptoms are found in the dysentery patient like-phlegm mixed with blood comes in stool as pieces with much strain, feeling much difficulty in the movement of anus and flatulence, etc. then Causticum 6 is very useful to cure such patient.
8. Gambog ia - If the symptoms aggravates after eating and drinking, thin (watery) excretion with offensive smell, pain in the stomach but becomes less by keeping pressed, cramps in the stomach with the feeling of sudden fast loose motions, etc. then using Gambozia 6 is very effective to cure such patient.
9. Aconite- If the following symptoms are found in the dysentery patient like- pain in the stomach, coming excreta mixed with blood and glutinous matters, persisting thirst, feeling restlessness, fearing about death with fever also, etc. then Aconite 3x or 30 should be used to cure such symptoms of the patient.
10. Lycopodium - If flatulence is found in the dysentery patient then use Lycopodium 30.
11. Mercurius- It is the best drug for curing dysentery. It is very useful in the treatment of several stages of dysentery. These are as follow like- coming stool mixed with blood and glutinous matters with strain, spit (saliva) is filled in the mouth, etc.
12. Pulsatilla - If the dysentery patient has been suffering from loose motions coming phlegm with it and stomach and eatables cooked in ghee are responsible for this disease that is aggravating in the night then use Pulsatilla 3 to 30 to cure such patient.
13. Nux-vomi ca - Nux-vomica 30 is used to cure dysentery patient when he has following symptoms like- loose motions mixed with blood or amoebic substance, loose motion does not come completely, pain in the stomach, irritable temperament, becoming angry even on little topics. If the patient is cold natured and goes on wrapping clothes to protect himself from cold, Nux-vomica is very useful to cure him.
14. Trombidium- Trombidium 6 or 30 is used when following symptoms are found in the patient like- violent pain in the stomach and aggravation of straining symptom after eating and drinking anything, accumulation of blood in the liver, watery loose motions in brown appearance with straining, etc.
15. Magnesia-phos- If the dysentery patient is suffering from violent pain in the stomach with feeling trouble in the tube that helps in excretion, taking Magnesia-phos 1x or 6x as powder with lukewarm water is beneficial.
- If the patient has following symptoms like- pain in the stomach with dysentery, he keeps his stomach pressed with something, does not get relief from pain, etc., taking Colocynth 6 or 30 is very beneficial.
- If the patient is suffering from flatulence, pain like stretchiness and cramps in the stomach, amelioration of pain by holding the stomach as pressed, white coating on the tongue, smooth amoebic substance mixed with blood come out with the feeling of nausea but not vomiting, etc., Colocynth 3 or 6 is used for its treatment.
17. Rhus-tox - In symptoms like- excretion unknowingly at night, cutting pain in the lower section of the stomach, frequent desires for excretion, chronic dysentery, etc., Rhus-tox can be used to cure it.
18. Arsenic album- If following symptoms are found in the case of dysentery like- aggravation of symptoms at midnight, pain and burning sensation in the stomach, hands and legs are fallen cold, feeling excessive weakness in the body, blackish brown dry tongue, smelly loose motions, restlessness, physical and mental troubles and problems generated by fear, etc., using Arsenic album 30 is appropriate for its treatment.
- In the case of dysentery, symptoms like- frequent nauseate and cleaning the tongue completely, use Ipecac 30 is very useful.
- If dysentery has occurred due to taking raw fruits or sour things, using Ipecac is appropriate.
20. Calcarea-phos - In symptoms like- loose motions mixed with amoebic substance and blood, having much difficulty while excretion, excessive weakness, feeling shrinking stomach inward, lack of desire and dysentery of small boys and girls, etc., this drug is very useful.
21. Hamamellis- With dysentery, if symptoms of profuse stool as thick and in black appearance with blood are found, taking Hamamellis 1x is very useful.
22. Cantharis- If the condition of dysentery is too serious with following symptoms like- urination with difficulty, violent burning sensation after urination, violent pain in the stomach, flatulence, feeling thirst but having no desire for drinking water, appearing collapse stage, loose motions like washed water of meat, etc., using Cantharis 3x is very useful for its treatment.
23. Belladonna- If following symptoms are found in a dysentery patient like- little loose motions with frequent straining, flatulence, burning sensation in the stool pipe, feels as if urinary bladder and stool pipe have moved downward, shiny eyes, severe fever, facial redness and pralap (weeping, crying and shouting), desire to strain after excretion, etc., Belladonna 6x should be used to cure such symptoms of the patient.
24. Colchicum- If dysentery has occurred in hot day, cold night and in spring season, the patient is not able to tolerate food smell, it causes vomiting or unconsciousness, etc., taking Colchicum 3 or 30 is very beneficial to cure this stage.
- If following symptoms are found in a dysentery patient like- loose motions is about to come, having much difficulty at night, violent cramps, pain is as fast as the patient starts feeling nauseate, drenching the entire body with sweat, etc., Mercurius cor 30 should be used to cure such symptoms of the patient.
- If the condition of dysentery become too serious, treatment with Mercurius cor 30 is very useful.
26. Baptisia- In the case of several types of dysentery symptoms, if loose motion mixed blood is coming and the patient has become lethargy completely, stool is watery mixed with black blood having offensive smell, etc., using Baptisia 1x is appropriate for its treatment. It is also very useful to cure dysentery of old people.
27. Colchicum- If dysentery has occurred in the months of July and August and the patient has following symptoms like- cramping in the stomach, straining, cramps in the legs calf, flatulence, etc., using Colchicum 3x is very effective for its treatment.
28. Carbo-veg- If the patient has following dysentery related symptoms like- dysentery due to drinking icy watery after coming from sun, coming offensive smell from the anus, flatulence, falling the legs cold, excessive belches, offensive smell from urine or retention of urine, coming smell like dead body from loose motions, becoming pulse too weak even of the wrist, etc., taking Carbo-veg 6 or 30 is very effective to cure such symptoms.
29. Capsicum- If following symptoms are found in the dysentery patient like- frequent excretion with mucus and black blood, cramps in the stomach, burning sensation while urination, flatulence, etc., Capsicum 3x should be used to cure such symptoms of the patient.
30. Arnica- If the patient has following symptoms like- loose motions with additional red blood, straining, etc., using Arnica 3x or 6 is very beneficial.
31. Nitric-acid- If following symptoms are found in the patient like- chronic dysentery, loose motions in green appearance or mixed with blood and amoebic substance, offensive loose motions, straining after excretion and then feeling weakness, etc., using Nitricum-acid 6 is very effective.
Treatment of acute dysentery on the basis of different symptoms:-
- If a dysentery patient is suffering from additional loose motions, watery loose motions having offensive smell, burning sensation and pain in the stomach, etc., using Arsenic 3x or 6x is very beneficial.
- If the patient feels fever and much lethargy with dysentery, Baptisia 3x or its mother tincture should be used.
- In the case of collapse and ending stage of dysentery, using Carbo-veg 3 to 30 is appropriate.
- If symptoms of violent pain and straining are found in dysentery, Dioscorea 3x or its mother tincture should be used.
- In the case of dysentery, if loose motion is coming without any difficulty, Phospho 3x or 6 is very beneficial.
- If a dysentery patient feels more difficulties after getting up from sleep, use Lachesis 6 to cure him.
- If dysentery is normal and additional white glutinous materials are coming in green appearance, taking Mercurius dulsis 6x or 12 is very beneficial for its treatment.
- If loose motions start due to living in hot region and white glutinous materials are coming with stool with much straining, using Merc-cor 3x or 30 is very effective. For this purpose, Cantharis 3x or Arsenic 3x can be also used.
- If straining is found with dysentery, using Belladonna 6x, Nux-vomica 30 or Aloe 6 is appropriate for its treatment.
- If unbearable pain is found in the stomach with dysentery, for the treatment of it, drugs like- Magne-phos 1x or 6x (powder), Ipecac 3x or Cuprum-ars 6x should be used.
- If bleeding starts in a dysentery patient, taking Ipecac 3x, Hydrastis 3x, Hamamellis 1x or Arnica 3x is very useful for its treatment.
- If dysentery has occurred with malaria, use drugs like- mother tincture of Alstonia, Chininum-sulphur 3x or mother tincture of Cedron, etc.
- If dysentery has occurred with malaria fever and indigestion has occurred due to lack of blood in the body, anything is not able to digest even milk and if such types of symptoms are found in an old woman, etc., using mother tincture of Alstonia is very beneficial.
- If dysentery has become chronic, use Nitric-acid 6, Sulphur 30 for its treatment and then give 2-3 drops of card liver oil as a dose.
- If dysentery is chronic, using mother tincture of Vaccininum-martilus is beneficial.
Little abstinence with the use of different drugs to cure dysentery:-
- Wash your hands with soap and water properly before eating food.
- Wash your hands with soap and watery well after toilet.
- Cut your nails short.
- Keep your kitchen neat and clean.
- Drink boiled water.
- Keep your surroundings neat and clean.
- Take liquid substances, because it fulfils decreased level of water in the body.
- Do not take any type of solid food stuffs.
- Taking light diet like- khichari (a dish prepared from rice and pulse boiled together), pulses, rice, etc. is very useful.