COW HAGE (COW ITCH)
Taste: Cow hage is spicy in taste.
Structure: Cow hage is a creeper, which has pods like bean. Only difference is that cow hage pods have tiny hair (roain), which causes itching while touching.
Nature: Cow hage is hot in nature.
Precautions: Using over quantity of cow hage may be harmful for the piles patients.
Removing side effects: Cow hage should be used after mixing with gulrogan because it removes all side effects of cow hage.
Comparison: Cow hage can be compared with chukalignment seed.
Dosage: It is used in 9 grams quantity.
Cow hage enhances sperm count and makes the body strong. It brings out phlegm and ends blood disorders caused by bile. Mix leaves of cow hage with black pepper then give it the patient because it destroys stomach worms. Juice of cow hage leaves should be drunk in the case of diseases caused by syphilis.
Useful in different diseases:
1. Fever: The patient, who suffers from fever, should take 20 to 40 ml decoction or 10 to 20 ml juice of cow hage’ root because it provides relief.
2. Impotency: The patient should take 2 to 6 grams powder of kernels of cow hage’s seeds with mixed hot milk of sugar-candy before going to bed because it ends impotency.
3. Loose motions: Giving cooked vegetable of cow hage to the patient prevents loose motions that occur repeatedly.
4. Bloody diarrhoea: Take 10 ml juice of cow hage’s root and grind root of cow hage plant with milk and take. Using this process is useful to prevent blood with diarrhoea or prevent bloody diarrhoea.
5. Weakness: Taking 40 ml decoction of cow hage’s root twice a day ends ligaments weakness. Weakness ends by drinking 10-20 ml juice of its root twice a day.
6. Paralysis: The patient should take about 20 to 40 ml decoction or about 10 to 20 ml juice of cow hage’s root twice a day to cure paralysis.
7. Illusion: The person, who suffers from illusion, should take about 20 to 40 ml decoction or about 10 to 20 ml juice of cow hage’s root twice a day because it provides relief.
8. Delirium: Giving about 20 to 40 ml decoction or 10 to 20 ml juice of cow hage’s root to the suffered patient is useful to end delirium.