Several kinds of diseases can take children in their grip. A person gets such diseases in the form of inheritance or because of any infection. Such diseases can be treated with the help of modern massage therapy. Children diseases which can be treated by modern massage therapy have been given below.
Distorted leg: (genu varum)-
- Children become the victim of this disease because of lying on the back. In this disease, when the patient stands, legs become distorted. Because of this reason, the patient feels difficulty while walking. Legs of the child start to bend outwardly like a bow. Upper portion of the leg bends outwardly and lower portion of the feet bends inwardly. Heels of the patient’s feet meet to each other but paws of the feet do not meet to each other. Mostly three years old children become the victim of this disease.
- This disease takes those children in its grip who are made to stand forcibly before the proper time. When bones of the children do not develop properly and they are made to stand forcibly, the bones of the leg start to curve. Because of this reason, they become the victim of this disease. Rickets and contraction in the muscles are the examples of this disease.
The figure of the points of lateral femoral and lateral crural portion in modern massage therapy:
Lay the baby on back for the treatment of this disease. Thereafter, compression is given on ten points of lateral femoral region and six points of lateral crural region. Such kind of action is done to bring one foot to another foot. Look to the figure carefully to observe these points and then start treatment of the patient.
Lay the child on the left side to give compression on ten points of right portion. Here it means to say that the practitioner lifts to the foot by giving support to the lower portion after laying the child in lateral position and he gives compression on the lateral femoral region downwardly with the help of other hand. This action is repeated many times slowly as showed in the figure.
Figure- how to contract feet during treatment in modern massage therapy:
Lay the patient on back again. Thereafter, the practitioner should pull to each ankle again and again by holding them. The patient gets well completely by giving compression in this way for some days regularly.
Mayogenic torticollis by birth:
When the child is in normal condition of embryo inside the uterus, the neck of the child is in contracted condition and the brain is downwards the chest as it has been showed in the figure.
(The figure of the normal stage and abnormal stage of the child inside the uterus)
When the child is in abnormal condition inside the uterus, the face of the child is towards the opening of the uterus as it has been showed in the figure. When the child takes birth in this abnormal stage, compression comes on the left and right side muscles of the face and ears because of which muscles of that place tear and affected muscles become hard. Due to this reason, muscle of the brain becomes small and that portion of the brain bend downwardly. In this stage, treatment becomes very essential because several kinds of diseases take birth in a child due to this reason. Such diseases are as deafness, flatness in some portion of brain and weakness of the brain, etc.
Treatment of such diseases in modern massage therapy:
Lay the child on his stomach to know the hard portion of disease affected organ. After that, the practitioner should pat to the muscle of ear from brain to mastoid process with the help of first and middle fingers.
After knowing the hard portion of the brain, the practitioner should give liquid compression on this portion at the regular short intervals with the help of those both fingers as it has been showed in the figure.
After ending the hardness of the brain completely, the patient should brandish to the temple region towards the healthy portion by holding it. Thereafter, he should bring it in the previous stage as it has been showed in figure.
The treatment of this disease is very easy in infants. Treatment should be done by a good practitioner because he knows how to gives compression and he can start the treatment properly.
Displaced hip joint by birth:
A disease takes birth in the hip joint of the child if the legs of the embryo are in abnormal condition inside the uterus. The upper portion of the femur displaces from its real place in this disease. The upper portion of the femur displaces far from the labrum. The hip joint ever displaces from its real place though it appears normal at the time of birth because of which the patient suffers from great pain and feels difficulty in walking. The patient starts to walk by bending his body in one side because of this reason. Mostly, this disease is found in girls but only one portion of the body gets affected from this disease. Sometimes, this disease can be seen in the both portions of the hip because the upper portion of the femur slips outwardly. This is the reason that the foot affected from this disease is smaller than the other foot.
(The figure-how the upper portion of the femur slips outwardly during the treatment according to modern massage therapy)
Treatment of such diseases in modern massage therapy:
Lay the patient on stomach. Thereafter, the patient should give compression near about the hip joint so that muscles of the hip may be flexible.
(The figure-how to make hip muscles flexible during the treatment of modern massage therapy)
Lay the patient on the back. Thereafter, the practitioner should find out the right place of broken bone by patting the portion near about the greater trochanter. After finding out the broken bone affected portion, the practitioner should keep the middle portion of his palm of right hand where there is broken bone. Thereafter, he should keep the palm of left hand on the prior crural portion for the support after folding the knee by the patient and by making an angle of 45 degree from the hip joint.
(The figure- greater trochanter femur, acetabulum and how to fold joint of knee)
Thereafter, the practitioner should pull to the greater trochanter towards the portion of acetabulum by compressing the chest region with the help of palm of right hand. After that, lateral compression should be given when the upper portion of the femur reaches to the acetabulum.
(The figure-how to cure the disease by modern massage therapy)
Now, the practitioner brings his right hand on the external crural region by leaving the palm of right hand on the upper portion of the femur. The upper portion of the femur moves inwardly by doing so. In this situation, the upper portion of the femur should go back towards the acetabulum.
(The figure-how to cure the disease in modern massage therapy)
If no sound comes by moving the upper portion of the femur, it should be considered that the joint has become well. Precaution should be adopted after the treatment too because muscles of this portion are very weak. It can be happen in this condition that the joint may slip again from its real place. Therefore, treatment should keep continue for some days until the patient gets well completely.
- The upper portion of the legs of children distorts inwardly and lower portion of the legs distorts outwardly. The paws of the feet meet to each other but heels do not meet to each other.
- Following can be the causes of the origin of this disease. Such causes are as abnormal growth of the bones, contraction in the muscles, rickets, bone related disease of feet by birth or polio.
(The figure of the middle region of the feet in modern massage therapy)
Lay the patient on the back. The practitioner should start treatment by folding the knees of the patient outwardly and then he should give compression on the ten points of the middle portion of the femur. After that he gives compression on the six points of prior crural region.
- Thereafter, lay the patient by the left side. After that the practitioner should give compression on six points of the prior crural region by giving support to the middle region of femur with the help of one hand.
- Thereafter, the practitioner should pull middle femur region upwardly while lifting the leg of the patient and he should pull lateral crural region downwardly. Repeat this action many times slowly. Thus, feet of the patient are cured.
(The figure-how to lift middle region of femur during the treatment by modern massage therapy)
One sided crookedness of the backbone:
Mostly, this disease occurs in 11 to 18 years old girls. Here it means to say that this disease occurs from childhood to puberty because the body of girls develops during this period. Bones of the girls become some slant when this disease becomes serious. The patient of this disease bends her body forwardly.
Treatment of this disease is easy in the beginning of this disease. The patient should take nutritive meal to get rid of the disease along with regular exercise.
- Make the patient sit in erection position or in the posture of saija if he has been suffering from slant backbone. After that he should give compression on the cervical region, spinal cord and back portion of the head. Thereafter, compression should be given on the right and left points near about the scapula again and again with the help of thumb. After that, the practitioner should lift to the patient by holding him from the wrists. Then, he should fold the trunk of the patient backwardly.
- For the treatment of this disease, the patient should do exercise regularly. A person does not become the patient of such disease and the disease disappears soon by doing exercise for 5 to 10 minutes.
This is the third disease which occurs by birth. Because of this disease, the foot of the child folds inwardly by birth and a kind of contortion occurs in the foot. Soles of the children fold inwardly. This disease occurs because of the muscles paralysis. Any shock or polio can be the causes of the origin of this disease.
Treatment of this disease according to modern massage therapy:
For the treatment of this disease, the practitioner should brandish the feet of the patient by holding the paw.
For the treatment of this disease, compression should be given on the lateral region of ankle, prior region of the paw and on the small finger of the foot. Thereafter, he should give compression on the six points of lateral crular region of the patient’s foot.
(The figure of the points-how to cure the disease)