Cherry plum tree is about 4-5 meters high. Its fruit is called cherry plum. Mostly, it is found in the zone of near by Pershiya, Grees and Arab countries. Presently, it is grown in our country too. Outer color of cherry plum is like dry grapes and inside color is yellow. According to leaves kinds, there are four kinds of cherry plum. Mostly, it imports from Bokhara country, so it is called Bokhara plum. Its seed is like almond seed but some little than almond. Its fruit is thick towards one side and in circle shape. Its ripe fruit is bitter and sweet in taste, interesting and useful for the body. Taking over quantity of cherry plum causes stomach gas and loose motions.
Name in Different Languages:
English - Cherry plum
Hindi - Aaloobukhara
Sanskrit - Aarook
Kannada - Aarook
Marathi - Aaloobukhara
Gujarati - Aaloo
Parsian - Aalusya
Arabic - Izzasu
Latin - Punas Bokheriynsis
Color: Cherry plum is yellow with some redness.
Taste: Cherry plum is vapid, bitter and sweet in taste.
Nature: It is a fruit, which grows in ‘Balakh Bukhara’.
Structure: Cherry plum is cool in nature.
Precautions: Taking over quantity of cherry plum may be harmful for brain.
Dose: 15 to 20 pieces fruits.
It keeps nature soft and generates greasy in the intestines. It is useful to cure bile fever (the fever which occurs due to bile), bloody fever, body itching and quenches thirst too. Its sourness cures cough, spermatorrhoea, colic pain and piles too.
It is heavy, warm in nature, digestible, vapid, sour and sweet in taste, interesting and cleans the mouth too. It increases sperm count and ends vatta, kapha disorders, colic pain, piles, diabetes and bloody disorder caused by vatta. Ripe fruit is sweet, warm, interesting, tasty and increases sperm count too. It cures spermatorrhoea, fever and eliminates gas.
Useful in different diseases
1. Stomach disorders: Grind cherry plum with water and make the patient drink, it clears the stomach.
2. Mouth dryness: Cherry plum should be kept in the mouth to remove mouth dryness.
- Grind cherry plum and mix equal quantity of lemon juice, black pepper, cumin seed, dry ginger, black salt, rock salt, coriander and caraway in it. Prepare sauce from this mixture and give it to the patient, it prevents vomiting.
- Vomiting is cured by taking juice of ripe plum cherry.
4. Constipation: By eating cherry plum constipation does not occur.
5. Diarrhoea: Take cherry plum to cure diarrhoea because it sets motions and eliminates constipation.
6. Excessive thirst: Putting cherry plum in the mouth quenches thirst and ends dryness of the throat.
7. Sun strokes: Put cherry plum in lukewarm water for some time and crush it. Filter this mixture and mix rock salt in it. Sun stroke ends by taking this mixture.
8. Bile: Taking 50 to 100 ml juice or 20 to 40 ml decoction of cherry plum twice a day calms bile.
9. Jaundice: Cherry plum’s sauce is useful to eliminate jaundice.
10. Anemia: Taking two glass juice of cherry plum twice a day regularly cures anemia and increases blood quantity.
11. Throat diseases: Taking or sucking cherry plum four times in a day ends dryness of the throat.