There are 33 vertebrae in the back bone in which seven vertebrae are related to the neck. These vertebrae are called cervical vertebrae. Nerves of these vertebrae guide brain, eyes, nose, ear, forehead, mouth, teeth, mouth palate, tongue, thyroid gland and elbows. Therefore, if there is any disease in the neck, all the organs of the body become affected due to it.
Symptoms of pain in the neck:
In this disease, pain and stiffness start in the neck. After some time, this pain and stiffness of the neck starts to aggravate. Sometimes, the patient suffers from pain in the shoulder, head and both arms. Numbness starts in one or both arms due to this disease because of which the patient feels difficulty while writing or cutting vegetables. Besides it, he suffers from giddiness, weak grip of the hands and feet and he feels difficulty to move the neck here and there. The patient suffers from restlessness too in this disease.
Causes of cervical spondylosis:
- This disease named cervical spondylosis may occur if a person takes fried and spicy, cold and spicy food on a large scale.
- Wrong way of sitting, standing may be the cause of the origin of Spondylitis.
- Lack of minerals and vitamins in the food may be the causes of this disease.
- A person can become the victim of spondylitis if he suffers from chronic constipation.
- Disturbed digestion system may be the cause of this disease.
- Excessive anxiety, rage, envy, grief or mental depression may be the reasons of this disease.
- A person can become the victim of this disease if he gets injury near about the neck in any accident.
- Excessive physical work may be the cause of this disease.
- A person can become the patient of this disease if he sleeps on excessive thick and soft mattress.
- If neck is used on a large scale while doing work, the doer can be the patient of this disease.
- A person becomes the patient of this disease if he works by bending.
- Pain starts in the neck if he person does not do exercise.
- Excessive use of medicines may be the cause of this disease.
- Lack of physical work may be the cause of this disease.
- Anxiety, rage, mental depression and grief may be the causes of this disease.
- Any injury near about the neck may be the cause of this disease.
Treatment of spondylitis according to naturopathy:
- A patient of this disease can get rid of this disease completely by doing some special exercises.
- First, the patient should remove all the causes of the origin of this disease.
- Walk in the open air in the morning to get rid of spondylitis.
- Adopt Pranayam and meditation for the treatment of this disease.
- Doing Bhujang-Asana, Dhanur-Asana Or Sarpa-Asana is very beneficial for the treatment this disease.
- Pain and stiffness of the neck can be removed by adopting yogasan. First, bring the neck backwardly and then bend the neck forward gradually for the treatment of this disease. Thereafter, touch your chin to the throat. After that, move your neck from right to left and left to right along with light jerking.
- Neck of the patient should be massaged either by mustard oil or sesame oil for the treatment. Massage should be done with light hands. If massage is done in sunlight, the patient gets lots of relief.
- Use of red and orange colored bottles’ water which has been kept in sunlight proves very beneficial for the treatment of pain and stiffness of the neck. Vitamin ‘D’ which strengthens the bones of the body is found in sunlight. To absorb vitamin ‘D’, the patient should lie on the stomach in an open sunlight area so that sunlight may fall on the neck and backbone directly. A cloth should be kept on the neck during this process so that there is shadow on the head.
- The patient can take the help of water therapy for the treatment of spondylitis. In this treatment, the patient takes steam bath and hot applications are applied on the neck of the patient. Thereafter, bath of backbone proves very beneficial for the patient. Pain of the neck of the patient gets rid of this disease soon. Circulation of the blood increases by doing this treatment and polluted substances expel out from the body through pores. Thus, the patient gets rid of pain of the neck and stiffness.
- The patient gets lots of relief if he eats sprouted grains and breads made from the flour with siftings.
- The patient should include carrot, lemon, Indian gooseberry, fenugreek, tomato, radish, etc. in his meal to obtain vitamin ‘D’, phosphorus and calcium. He should include orange, apple, grapes, papaya, mosambi and sapodilla (chikko) in his meal.
- The patient of this disease should take always nutritive meal. He should include vitamin ‘D’, iron, phosphorus and calcium on large scale in his meal so that bones may grow properly and remain far from any disease.
- First, the patient of this disease should remove all the wrong habits of eating and living. Thereafter, start the treatment according to naturopathy.
- Shoulders should be done up and down for the treatment of this disease.
- Shoulders should be moved forwardly and backwardly for the treatment of this disease.
- Shoulders should be moved in right and opposite direction as a clockwise manner. The patient gets rid of this kind of pain by doing so.
- Entangle fingers behind the neck and give pressure with the help of entangled fingers. Elbows should be moved from forward to backward. The result of it is that the pain and stiffness of the neck disappears soon.
- The patient of this disease should include such foodstuff in his meal rich in vitamin ‘D’, iron, calcium, phosphorus.
Some precautions to avoid from spondylitis:
- Use wooden cot for sleeping.
- Pillow should not be used by the patient when he sleeps.
- The patient should keep his back bone in an erect way.
- The patient should not contemplate about any matter during the treatment of this disease.
- The patient should not do such kind of work in which neck and eyes may feel pressure.
- The patient should take 6 to 8 hours sound sleep to avoid spondylitis.
- The patient of this disease should keep his back in an erect position while standing or sitting.
- No work should be done by bending forwardly.
If a person follows above mentioned rules in his life, he remains far from such kind of problem as spondylitis. If a person has become the patient of this disease, he can get rid of this disease by adopting natural treatment and by taking balanced diet.