Champa tree is planted in gardens. Its leaves are long, smooth and yellow like bassia latifolia leaves. Its flowers have 4-5 yellow petals and 5-7 tendrils. Mostly, it is grown in Malva country. Its tree is large.
Name in different languages:
Hindi : Champa
Sanskrit : Champey, Champak, Hempushp
Gujarat : Champo
Marathi : Sonchamp
Latin : Micheliya champeca
Color: Champa tree is yellow.
Taste: It is pungent.
Structure: Its leaves are like bullock’s heart (ramfal) leaves. Its flowers are very yellow and fragrant. The nature of champa flower is some hot and cool in nature.
Nature: Champa is cool in nature.
Precaution: It prevents appetite.
Quality: Champa increases sperm count. It is useful for the heart and destroys fragrant black bee. It is useful to end inflammation, bile disorders and blood disorders. The mind and heart become strong by smelling its flowers.
Useful in different diseases:
1. Relapsing fever: Take 40 to 80 grams filtered infusion (phant) of champa root; it provides relief in relapsing fever.
2. Stomach wound: Taking decoction of champa flowers is useful to get relief in wound and pain of the stomach.
3. Constipation: Take a decoction of champa root; it causes loose motions and eliminates constipation.
4. Amenorrhoea: Give 600 milligrams to 1.80 grams powder of champa root to the patient twice a day; it makes menstrual excretion normal.
5. Stomach worms:
- Lick 3 ml juice of champa flowers (which is prepared after grinding) with honey; it kills intestine worms.
- Drinking 10 ml juice of champa flowers with honey is useful to kill stomach worms.
- Take 20 ml fresh juice of champa leaves; it kills stomach worms and provides relief in stomachache.
- Mix 10 ml juice of champa leaves with 20 grams honey and give it to the patient twice a day, it provides relief in stomachache.
- Grind champa leaves and take it with honey after mixing. It is useful to cure stomachache.
7. Rheumatism: Rub the oil of champa flowers on the affected part; it provides relief to the patient of rheumatism.
8. Ulcer: Grind the skin of champa roots with curd and apply it on the ulcer. It ends swelling caused by ulcer.
9. Torsion of hands and feet: Rub the oil of champa flowers on the hands and feet; it provides relief in the pain of torsion.
10. Leprosy: Taking 3 grams powder of champa bark with water twice a day ends contaminated blood.
11. Ringworm: Grind champa flowers and apply it on ringworm of foot. It is useful to cure ringworm.
12. Body strong: Make the powder by grinding jasmine flowers and mix it with honey. Taking this mixture is useful to enhance the body strength.