Taste: It is vapid.
Structure: It is found inside the burls of thick bamboos. It collects at the burls like coconut milk after ripening bamboo. When we cut and dry these bamboos, this juice dries. Thereafter bamboo manna is obtained by tearing these bamboos.
Nature: It is cool.
Precaution: Taking over quantity of bamboo manna is harmful for the lungs.
Removing side-effects: Berries, pistacia lentischs (mastgi) and saffron (kesar) retain its properties and remove its all side-effects.
Comparison: Bamboo manna can be compared with white sandal, chicory and seeds of garden purslane.
Dosage: It can be taken in 6 grams quantity.
Quality: Bamboo manna enhances bodily humour (dhatu) and the sperm count. It is cool and tasty. It makes the sperm thick and quenches thirst. It brings the phlegm out and checks blood and bile disorders. Bamboo manna is good remedy for the treatment of cough, fever and jaundice. Its use removes white flecks, boils, pimples. It makes strong to the heart and stomach. It is beneficial in blood diarrhoea caused by bile. Bamboo manna provides relief in insanity and fever caused by heat. Make the powder by grinding bamboo manna, toasted alum and sugar-candy 10 grams each together. Taking this powder provides relief in cough. This powder is also very useful for infants who cannot spit phlegm and become the victim of unconsciousness while coughing. It can be given half gram to infants according to age.
Useful in different diseases:
1. Asthma: Make the powder by grinding bamboo manna and peeper 20 grams each. Take this powder mixing with 2 ml honey twice a day to cure asthma.
2. Dentition: Give bamboo manna with honey to the child during dentition. Beautiful teeth grow by its use and the child does not suffer from toothache.
- Bamboo manna is a liquid that is used in several medicines. A large number of famous medicines are prepared by mixing bamboo manna. It is very useful in cough and breathing problems. Licking half-gram bamboo manna with honey stops dry cough. Bamboo manna is very beneficial in asthma. Mix 1 pinch of peeper powder with half-gram bamboo manna. Giving this mixture with honey to the patient provides a lot of relief.
- Giving 1 to 2.5 grams powder of bamboo manna mixing with honey to the patient stops dry cough.
4. Protection of the womb: Take half-gram bamboo manna with water or milk twice a day. Its use ends the fear of abortion. The uterus becomes strong by its use. It keeps healthy to the pregnant woman and her baby.
5. Stomatitis (Mouth blisters):
- Mix honey with bamboo manna and apply on mouth blisters to get relief.
- Grind bamboo manna and turmeric into fine powder. Apply this powder on blisters of the mouth to remove them.
- Grind 50 grams bamboo manna and mix 50 grams sugar in it. Take 5 grams this mixture with fresh milk or water twice a day to get relief.
- Make the powder by grinding bamboo manna, cobra saffron and small cardamom 50 grams each. Mix 100 grams sugar-candy in this powder. Taking one spoon this preparation with milk twice a day provides relief.
7. Liver enlargement:
- Mix honey in 1.5 grams bamboo manna and lick. Its use provides relief in liver enlargement.
- Give 120 grams pure bamboo manna with milk or honey to the child twice a day. Its use provides relief in this disease.
- Make the powder by grinding bamboo manna, papaya and chiretta 120 milligrams each. Taking this powder with honey provides relief in liver enlargement.
8. Sperm problems:
- Grind 30 grams bamboo manna with 3 grams small cardamom. Take one gram this preparation with ghee and sugar twice a day. All problems related to sperm disappear by its use.
- Grind 60 grams bamboo manna and mix 40 grams sugar in it. Take 5 grams this mixture with milk twice a day to increases sperm count.
9. Inflammation of the hands and feet: Licking 1-gram bamboo manna with honey twice a day ends the inflammation of the hands and feet.
10. Children cough: Give 120 milligrams ground bamboo manna with honey to the afflicted child. Its use ends cough.