Cabbage is also known the name of Kamarkalla by us. Cabbage is the crop of winter season, which is brought in our country from Europe countries. The leaves of cabbage are more useful, so it should not be wasted. These leaves are contains more quantity of iron and vitamin-A. We can use these leaves as salad and its juice also can be used to make it more useful.
According to scientist, it contains vitamin-u, which cures the wounds of the stomach and intestines and removes burning sensation and acidity.
Taste: Cabbage is sweet and pungent.
Characteristic: Cabbage is cool in nature. It is very nutritive food. It contains vitamin-A, B, and C. and its outer leaves contain more quantity of iron and vitamin-A. Cabbage also contains sulphur, lime (choona) and iron. When we cook it, it brings out the scent of a kind. Its nutritive elements are destroyed by cooking it on high flame or for long time. If boil cabbage in water, this water should be used because, this water absorbs its vitamin and minerals.
There are many vitamins and minerals, which are found in cabbage as under-
|Protein||8.1 %||Niacin||0.4 Microgram/100 grams|
|Fat||0.1 %||Vitamin-C||124 milligrams/100 grams|
|Carbohydrates||6.3 %||Iron||0.8 milligrams/100 grams|
|Water||90.2 %||Phosphorus||0.05 %|
|Vitamin-A||2000 I.U./100 grams||Calcium||0.03 %|
|Vitamin-B1||60 milligrams/100 grams||Other minerals||0.6%|
|Vitamin-B2||30 micrograms/100 grams|
Precautions: Taking excessive juice of cabbage may be harmful for thyroid glands.
Useful in different diseases:
- Taking 50 grams green leaves of cabbage is helpful to remove pyorrhea.
- Extract the juice of cauliflower and make the lettuce of the middle part of it. After that, take these foods, it removes pyorrhea and cures other teeth diseases.
2. Falling hair: falling hair can be stopped by taking 50 grams green leaves of cabbage.
3. Wounds: Taking cabbage juice cures wounds. Appling bandage on the affected part after soaking it in its juice is also helpful. Mix water in its juice and take five times in a day, it provides benefit.
4. Peptic ulcer: Peptic ulcer can be cured by taking one cup of cabbage juice thrice a day regularly for two weeks.
5. Cancer: Take about half cup juice of cabbage on empty stomach regularly; it cures the first stage of cancer and removes colitis.
6. Lack of sleep, stone and retention of urine: Season ghee in the cooked vegetables of cabbage and take, it provides good sleep. It also provides benefit in stone and retention of urine.
7. Colitis: Mix ¼ cup of spinach juice and one cup of cabbage juice in one glass of whey and give it to the patient twice a day regularly, it removes colitis.
8. Rheumatism (Joints pain): Take cabbage juice; it cures stomach worms, rheumatism, teeth problems, blood disorder, indigestion, jaundice, mental debility, and reduces fat.
9. Hair falling:
- Taking 50 grams green leaves of cabbage regularly for one month prevents hair falling.
- Massage the head after applying cabbage juice on the head removes baldness.
10. Gastric ulcer: Taking the mid portion of cabbage as salad, and cabbage juice is helpful to cure gastric ulcer and peptic ulcer.
- Constipation can be eliminated by taking green leaves of cabbage. It brings out the gathered pollutant substances from the body.
- Taking cabbage juice is good a remedy to eliminate chronicle constipation, and it brings out the gathered pollutant substances form the body.
- Taking raw cabbage removes the weakness of the intestine, and gas.
12. Stomach wounds: Take one cup of cabbage juice thrice a day regularly for 14 days; it cures the stomach wounds. Taking raw cabbage also provides relief.