Arjuna myrabalan is a savage tree, which is like Eina tree. Its leaves are like Eina leaves and about 3-4 inches wide. Its flowers are white. Its bark is white from external and red from internal. Its trees are found in about all the countries but mostly found in Kokan. Its wood is used to make buildings. Bark of Arjuna myrobalan tree is used as medicines.
Name in different languages:
Sanskrit - Arjuna
Hindi - Kooha, Koh
Bengali - Arjuna gachh
Gujrati - Dholo sajad, Arjuna sajad
Marathi - Arjuna, Sajhda, Pandhra, Aaien
Telugu - Maddichettu
Tamil - Marund
Malayalam - Marut
Latin - Sterculia, urens, Termenelia
Useful in different diseases:
1. Wound: The patient should wash the affected parts with decoction of Arjuna myrobalan’s bark because it cures wound quickly and worms do not originate in the wounds. Besides it, powder arjuna myrabalan bark can be sprinkled on the wounds because it cures them too. Its use is also beneficial when the patient burns.
2. Fractured bone: The patient should take powder of Arjuna myrobalan after mixing with milk as well as tie ground bark of it on the fractured bone. Using this process joints the fractured bones. Besides it, coat ghee on the fractured bone and spray powder of Arjuna myrobalan upon it thereafter tie a bandage. It is also useful to joint fractured bones.
3. Bile disorders: Make a decoction by boiling bark of arjuna myrobalan tree and mix cow milk in it to prepare dark. Add sugar in this decoction and give it to the patient, it ends bile disorders.
4. Tuberculosis and cough: Mix 20-21 drops juice of malabar nut with powder of arjuna myrobalan’s bark thereafter add honey, ghee and sugar with it. Tuberculosis and cough are cured by giving this mixture to the patient.
5. Haemoptysis (Blood disorders caused by bile) and typhoid: Mix powder of Arjuna myrobalan’s bark, ghee and milk with honey or jaggery thereafter give to the patient with water. Using this process is useful to cure typhoid and end blood disorders caused by bile.
6. Worms: Mix powder of flowers of Arjuna myrobalan tree, babreng, cus-cus, marking nut, resin, sandal, long leaved fine, costus root and uraria lagopoides (Pithani) powder together. Burn this mixture and take its smoke, it destroys the worms.
7. Bloody diarrhoea: Grind bark of Arjuna myrobalan tree with milk and take it to cure bloody diarrhoea.
8. Vatta disorders: Make a paste by mixing powder of arjuna myrobalan bark with honey and butter or mix its bark, malabar nut and madder root powder with honey and coat it on the stomach, it helps to end vatta disorders.
9. Acnes: Grind bark of Arjuna myrobalan tree with milk and coat it on face, it checks face acnes.
10. Heart problems: Cook equal quantity of powder of Arjuna myrabalan and wheat-flour with cow or goat milk until it boils then mix pure ghee in it. After that, take this preparation with honey or sugar to end all the types of heart problems.
11. Heart weakness: Boil 5 grams powder of Arjuna myrobalan’s bark and 250 ml milk with some water until remains only milk then mix 10 grams sugar-candy in it after filtering. After that, take this medicine daily in the morning to make the heart strong and prevent bleeding from the nose and mouth. It also cures typhoid and checks bloody diarrhoea.