English - Arjuna
Hindi - Arjuna, Kahoo
Sanskrit - Arjun, Dahwal, Samber, Indradu, Kakubh:
Marathi - Saadra, Sadroo, Arjun
Gujarati - Saadroin, Gholo, Saajad
Punjabi - Kao, Koh
Telugu - Dharrmachhi
Dravidic - Vella, Bhatti
Kannada - Kamyute
Marwari - Arjuna
Latin - Tarminalia Arjuna
Normally, Arjuna tree is found in all over India but mostly, it is found in Madhya Pradesh, Bengal, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh and Bihar. The arjuna tree, which grows bank of big gutters, is 60 to 80 feet high. Its bark is white from external and smooth from internal, thick and light pink. A type of liquid comes out from arjuna tree after scratching its bark. Its stem is round and thick. Its leaves are 4 to 6 inches long and one and half to two inches (1.5 to 2) wide like guava leaves. Its flowers are small, fragrant and white or yellow color with greenness, which grow on the white stems. Its fruit is one to one and half inches (1 to 1.5) long and 5-7 lines are present on it. Its raw fruit is green, which turns brown-red after ripening. Its smell is uninteresting and taste is pungent. The fruits can be used instead of its seeds because fruit has not seed.
Arjuna bark contains several types of chemically elements. It contains 34 percent calcium carbonate and Sodium, magnesium and aluminum are main alkali of it. It contains strong amount of calcium and sodium, so it is very useful for the heart muscles.
Arjuna tree is cool in nature and pungent in taste. It is useful for for the treatment of tuberculosis vomiting, spermtorrhoea, poison affects, blood disorders, wound and Kapha and Pitta disorders. It is alos useful for the heart. It provides power to the heart and makes active heart supporter elements. It provides strength to the heart muscles, so heartbeat becomes normal and active. It provides strength to the heart muscles because it makes heartbeat normal. It shrinks to the small blood pipes and increases blood amount and body weight. Thus, it makes strong and excites the heart. It also reduces sharava of blood pipes, which is useful to end swelling.
3 to 6 grams powder of Arjuna bark should be used with milk or honey twice or thrice a day. 50 to 100 milliliters decoction of Arjuna bark and 10 to 20 milliliters juice of Arjuna leaves should be used.
Nature: Arjuna is hot in nature.
Useful in different diseases:
1. Heart diseases:
- Take one spoon fine powder of thick bark of arjuna with one cup of milk (without cream) twice a day regularly to get relief in all the types of heart diseases and makes normal to the fast pulsation of the heart.
- The patient can take powder of arjuna bark after boiling with tea. Cast one spoon powder of arjuna bark in the tea while boiling. It also provides relief in heart diseases. Using powder of arjuna bark makes blood pressure normal. Make a tea by boiling only powder of arjuna bark and give it to the patient, it will provide very benefit. To prepare tea boil powder of arjuna bark instead of tea leaf with water and mix milk and sugar in it according to need and thereafter take it.
- Mix arjuna bark and jaggery with milk thereafter give it to patient to drink. It provides relief in looseness and swelling of the heart.
- If someone’s heartbeat is fast than 72-150, he should take one spoon powder of arjuna bark with one glass tomato juice because it makes heartbeat normal quickly.
- Fry twenty grams wheat flour with thirty grams cow ghee until turns into pink then mix three grams powder of arjuna bark and forty grams sugar-candy in it. Cook this mixture with 100 ml water to prepare pudding (Halva) and give it to the patient in the morning regularly. Using this process provides relief in heart pain, mystification and fast pulsation of the heart.
- Cook wheat and arjuna bark with goat and cow milk and thereafter mix sugar-candy and honey in it. The heart disorders are cured by licking this mixture.
- Boil fifty ml juice of arjuna bark (If wet bark is not present, fifty grams dried bark can be used) with four liters water until it remains 1/4 parts then put down and filter. Cook this decoction with fifty grams cow’s ghee, 50 grams powder of arjuna bark and milk on light fire until it remains only ghee then filter it after cooling. Now mix fifty grams honey and 75 grams sugar-candy in this ghee and fill it in any lead or china pot. After that, take six grams this medicine with cow milk twice a day to make the heart strong and cures all the types of heart diseases.
- The patient should take forty milliliters decoction of arjuna bark (which is prepared with milk) twice a day after heart-attack because it ends heart pain and mystification. It makes heart pulsation normal.
- In the condition of heart diseases, filter powder of arjuna bark with the help of cloth and put it on the tongue and suck (it is very affected than injection), it reduces heart problems. if someone suffers from fast pulsation of the heart and weakness of nerves speed, putting its powder on the tongue provides relief quickly. Its benefit is stable and does not provide any type of harm.
- Boil 10 grams powder of arjuna bark with 500 ml milk to prepare khoya and thereafter mix equal quantity of ground sugar candy in it. After that, take 10 grams this mixture with milk regularly to make heart pulsation normal.
- Dry arjuna bark under the shadow and prepare powder from it after grinding and thereafter filter it. The heart weakness ends by taking 3 grams this powder with sugar candy and ghee regularly.
- Boil arjuna bark, jiggery and liqourica 10 grams each with about 250 ml milk and thereafter give it to the patient in the condition of heart problems.
2. Broken bone:
- Taking powder of arjuna tree with milk joints the broken bone. Grind powder with water and coat it on the affected part, it provides relief in pain.
- If the plaster has coated on the broken bone, the patient should take one spoon powder of arjuna bark with one cup milk thrice a day for some weeks regularly because it makes the bone strong. Grind arjuna bark with ghee and coat it on the affected part and the bandage on it. Using this process joints the broken bone quickly too.
3. Burn from fire: If the wounds occur on the affected part caused by burn from fire, powder of arjuna bark should be applied on the affected part because it cures wounds quickly.
4. Bloody leucorrhoea: Boil one spoon powder of arjuna bark with one cup milk until it remains half quantity then mix some sugar-candy in it. Bloody leucorrhoea is cured by giving this decoction to the suffered woman thrice a day.
5. Offensive smell of the body: Mix powder of dried leaves of arjuna and black berry together and thereafter coat it on the whole body as cosmetic article and thereafter take bath after sometime. Using this process ends offensive smell of the body caused by excessive sweat.
6. Mouth blisters: Mix powder of arjuna bark with coconut oil and apply it on the blisters. It is useful to cure blisters.
7. Spermatorrhoea (Sperm with urine):
- Boil ground bark of arjuna tree with two cups of water until it remains half water then put it down and filter. After that, give this decoction to the patient 2-3 times, it helps in urination clearly and stops sperm with urine.
- The patient should take 40 ml decoction of arjuna bark in the condition of sperm with urine.
8. Tonic: Arjuna increases body strength and makes the heart muscles strong because of his salt and minerals. The person, who takes powder of arjuna bark with milk, jaggery and sugar, safes from heart diseases, chronic fever and blood disorders caused bile and he gets long life.
9. White leucorrhoea: Arjuna is very useful medicine in the condition of white leucorrhoea and anuria-dysuria.
10. Chronic cough: Arjuna is very useful medicine in the condition of chest inflammation, chronic cough, etc. diseases.
11. Heart attack: Boil 3-6 grams arjuna bark with milk and give it to the patient in the condition of heart attack and heart pain.
12. Fast pulsation, Pain and mystification: Boil two spoons ground bark of arjuna tree and one glass milk with two glass of water until it remains only milk then mix two spoons sugar in this milk and thereafter filter it. After that, give this medicine to the patient once a day to get more relief in heart diseases. It makes the body strong.
13. Stomachache: Mix half spoon powder of arjuna bark, some toasted ground asafetida and salt according to taste together and thereafter give it to the patient with lukewarm water twice a day, it provides relief in stomachache, kidneys pain and stomach inflammation.
14. Jaundice: Mix half spoon powder of arjuna bark with some ghee and give it to the patient twice a day regularly, it ends weakness.
15. Mouth blisters: Mix sesame oil with powder of arjuna root. One should gargle to this mixture with warm water to cure mouth diseases.
16. Ear pain: This disease is cured by dripping 3-4 drops of juice of arjuna leaves in the ears.
17. Acnes: Mix ground bark of arjuna with honey and coat it on the face, it ends acnes of the face.
18. Tuberculosis cough: Boil powder of arjuna bark with juice of malabar nut leaves seven times and thereafter give 2-3 grams this preparation to the patient with honey and sugar-candy or cow ghee to lick. It is useful to cure tuberculosis cough (the blood comes out with phlegm).
19. Bloody diarrhoea: Boil 250 ml water and five grams powder of arjuna bark with 150 ml milk on light fire heat until it remains only milk then put down and mix ten grams sugar-candy or loaf-sugar in it. After that, give this medicine to the patient in the morning regularly to end all the types of heart disorders. especially, it is useful to cure heart diseases caused by vatta disorders.
20. Bloody leucorrhoea: Boil one spoon powder of arjuna bark with one cup milk until it remains half quantity remains then mix some sugar-candy in it. this medicine should be given to the suffered woman thrice a day because it provides relief.
21. Spermatorrhoea: Make the fine powder by grinding equal quantity of arjuna bark, Neem bark, Indian gooseberry bark, turmeric and blue lotus together. Cook twenty grams this powder with 400 milliliters water until it remains 100 milliliter water then mix honey in it. Spermatorrhoea is cured by giving this medicine to the patient.
22. Sperm disorders: The person, who suffers from this disease, should take decoction of arjuna bark or white sandal twice a day because it provides relief.
23. Flatulence (Baadi): Make the fine powder by grinding equal quantity of arjuna bark powder and sida albo (Gangrene) root powder together. One should take 2 grams this powder twice a day drink milk on it. It is useful to cure flatulence.
24. Blood disorders caused by bile:
- Soak two spoons bark of arjuna tree in water at overnight. In the next morning, crush this mixture and filter it or boil this mixture to prepare decoction. After that, give this medicine to the patient to get benefit in blood disorders caused by bile.
- If someone suffers from blood disorders caused by bile or bloody vomiting, boil ten grams powder of arjuna bark with milk and give it to him, it provides relief above symptoms. It freezes the blood in blood pipes and stops bleeding.
- Take one spoon powder of arjuna bark with water and grind its bark with water and coat it on the affected part. It provides relief in leprosy and blood disorders.
- Boil arjuna bark with water and take bath with this lukewarm water, it provides very relief in leprosy.
26. Fever: This disease is cured by giving 40 milliliters decoction of arjuna bark.
27. Sore (Wound):
- Make a decoction by boiling ground bark of arjuna and wash the affected parts with it, it provides relief in wounds or sores.
- Take one spoon powder of arjuna root with milk to remove indigo caused by strokes or scratch .
- Boil 5-10 grams arjuna bark with milk and take it as well as tie ground bark of arjuna on the affected part. Using this process provides relief in sores. 1-3 grams dried powder should be taken.
28. Chronic fever: This disease is cured by taking one spoon powder of arjuna bark with jaggery.
29. Arjuna bark (Sheerpak Rule): Dry fresh bark of arjuna under the shadow and prepare powder from it after grinding. Boil three tbsp. this powder (about three grams) and 250 ml milk with 250 ml water on light fire until it remains only milk then put down and filter it. After that, give this warm decoction to the patient to cure all the types of heart diseases and safes the person form heart attack.
30. Asthma or breathing problems:
- Make the powder by grinding arjuna bark and store it. Make sweet dish (kheer) of rice with milk at night. The patient should take ten grams bark powder with this sweet dish at 4 am in the morning because it ends breathing problems.
- Water filling in lungs: Make the powder by grinding equal quantity of arjuna bark powder, liquorices root and liquorices wood together. After that, take 3-6 grams this powder with 100 to 250 milliliter milk twice a day to get relief in Urstoya (water filling in lungs).
31. Overeating: Mix equal quantity of desmodium gangeticum (Shalparni) and arjuna root together and thereafter give it to the patient, it end overeating.
32. Constipation: If someone suffers from constipation due to stop velocity of urine, he should take 40 ml decoction of arjuna bark twice a day.
33. Bone broken: Coat a paste of arjuna bark on broken bone and boil arjuna bark with milk (cook with the rule of chhirpaak) and take 5 to 10 this medicine twice a day. Using this process joints the broken bone. The patient take 1 to 3 grams dried powder of it.
34. Diabetes: Grind thick equal quantity of arjuna bark, bark of Kadambha (name of tree), bark of black berry and caraway together. Boil 24 grams this mixture with half liter water until it remains some quantity then put it down and filter. After that, take this decoction twice a day for 3-4 weeks regularly to get relief in diabetes.
35. Obesity (Fatness): This disease is cured by taking two grams powder of arjuna with decoction of premna.
36. Snake, rat and mosquitoes:
- Mix equal quantity of arjuna flowers, barbering, purple lippie, wax, sandal, resin, cuscus, castus root and marking nut tree together and thereafter burn it in fire. After that, give its smoke to run away all mosquitoes.
- Grind equal quantity of arjuna fruit, marking nut tree, currant, shree cus, white megrim, barbering and gum guggul together and thereafter burn it in fire. All snakes, rats, mosquitoes, flies and bugs run away by its smoke.
37. Heart disorders caused by bile: The patient should take 3-6 grams powder of arjuna bark and 3 to 6 grams jaggery with fifty milliliter water twice a day regularly in above symptoms.
38. Hysteria: Shuffle arjuna bark, amaranths root, black sesame and linseed 25 grams each and 30 grams sugar-candy together. Grind this mixture with juice of arjuna leaves and dry it under the shadow. Make the fine powder by grinding this mixture and fill in a bottle. Taking 4-6 grams this medicine with juice of arjuna leaves twice a day is useful to cure hysteria.
39. Body swelling:
- Boil fine powder of arjuna bark with milk according to rule of cheer paak method and thereafter give 5 to 10 grams this medicine to the patient. It makes the heart strong and ends swelling caused by heart problems.
- The heart swelling ends by taking about 1-3 grams dried powder of arjuna bark.
- Arjuna affects kidney and helps in urination clearly. Besides heart diseases, fine powder of arjuna bark is used in the condition of filling water in different body parts and body swelling.